Subject: Doing Lightspeed (was Re: Tank treads...)
From: [email-masked] (robert hood)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 1995 16:44:25 -0500

> I wish more users of this list would become
> interested in contributing to Lightspeed.  I consider it to be kind of an
> extension to this list actually.  I learn some great things every time I view
> an issue.  For more information about doing this, contact Manny at

Hey, I'd love to.  In fact, I contacted Manny already about doing some
things for Lightspeed, but had to change my mind.

"Doing" Lightspeed is not nearly as easy as doing some other publication.
Were I to write an article for LWPro, it's just about as simple as
sitting down at my computer and writing it.

However, Lightspeed is entirely visual, and not all of us have access to
a production studio or even a Betacam.  It is just not as easy as it sounds.
The sophistication required to contribute to Lightspeed is far greater than
it is to contribute to more traditional periodicals.

That's why you keep seeing the same people doing tutorials in it all the
time (not that they aren't great, Dave =|^).

Render me gone,               |||
Bob                         ^(===)^
-------------------------oOO--(_)--OOo--------------------------------------
Bob Hood            | All governments suffer from a recurring problem:
Virtual Visions Inc.| Power attracts pathological personalities.  It is not
1.303.989.4191      | that power corrupts, but that it is magnetic to the
                    | corruptible.  Such people have a tendency to become
[email-masked]    | drunk on violence, a condition to which they are
[email-masked]      | quickly addicted              - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------